“Great vision without great people is irrelevant” – Jim Collins
This quote by Jim Collins perfectly summarizes the importance of having the right people for the right job, because at the end of the day, you bet on people not on strategies. No matter how good your strategies are, how good your plannings are if you don’t have right and reliable people to implement, consider your planning to be a fail.
A CEO of an American Company after visiting Alibaba in China said Jack Ma, “You are here at this stage and successful because you have 100 madmen like you.” So, now you know how important it is to have people matching your level of madness, dedication, efforts, and approach.
No leader becomes a leader without a stellar team, because Alibaba is more than Jack Ma, Apple is more than Steve Jobs, Space X is more than Elon Musk. These people became what they are because of the brilliant team they hired or were working for them.
Hiring the right person can make or break your business, so be peculiar about the process.
Benefits of hiring the right person:-
- The right person will be helpful in managing your stress. They will not be a reason for your stress.
- Right hiring is good for your ROI; if you hire someone the employee will levy some charges on the company such as salary, perks, internet, computers etc. If the hiring is not right the ROI will be zero (or sometimes negative).
- The time-vested in the hiring process will be a waste if the hiring is done proves to be wrong.
- A good hiring will decrease the workload whereas the wrong one will overburden you mentally and economically.
- The productivity directly gets affected by the choice of hiring you to make.
- A good hiring not only benefits economically but is also good for your office environment. It may add the positivity in the office environment.
- Right employee will gel up with other employees and help you develop a motivated team. A bad hire can ruin the morale of your entire team. Positivity in attitude matters!!!
- You don’t have to deal with the damage that a bad hire can do for your company, once hiring is done you can sit, relax and think about more ways of growth hacking.
The process of hiring a resource is crucial for the growth of any organization. A wrong hire will not only impact growth, it can also impact the future vision and delay the outcome.
I am an Entrepreneur and Angel Investor. Board Member of TiE SoCal Angels Fund, and CEO @ Optizm Global, the executive search firm. We are a Right Fit Recruitment & Placement Agency.
I’m the Co-Founder of “StartupSteroid” the platform to connect founders with investors.
As an Angel Investor I look for Business Plan, Cashflow, Core Team, Board of Advisors, Secure IP, Quality Investors, Monetization Models, USP, Scalability, Strong Returns, Growth Market, and Board Role.