As a Full Stack Developer (Scala/Java), you will play an integral role in the development of our flagship AI product offerings for enterprise. You will be part of a small, focused team working in a fast paced environment.
- Developing reactive applications that manage large datasets in conjunction with machine learning models trained against that data.
- Maintaining automated test coverage against all code you produce.
- Contributing to design discussions related to product.
- Building and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines to maximize efficiency and ensure quality in the development process.
- Learning about the latest and greatest advancements in machine learning and data engineering while simultaneously looking for opportunities to apply them in our products.
- Meeting hard product deliverable deadlines set in a rapidly evolving startup environment.
- Excellent Scala/Java programming skills with five (5) years or more experience.
- Experience developing large scale microservices and API services.
- Experience working with Lightbend Reactive Platform (Play and Akka)
- Experience developing UI dashboards with Angular 2, D3 or Amcharts, HTML, CSS
- Working knowledge of functional programming basics.
- Working knowledge of Relational databases (Postgres, Oracle), Distributed clusters (Hive, Cassandra, Ignite), Graph databases (OrientDB, Neo4j) etc.
- Experience setting up automated tests that provide full code coverage and building/maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI).
- Experience operating in a “full stack” type role, with the ability to be flexible with the tasks you work on day-to-day.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum framework for managing processes.
- Proficiency in managing software projects in Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related area).
Nice to have:
- Big Data and ETL experience with Apache Spark and Kafka is a plus.
- Understanding of Machine learning platforms, (e.g. Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, Neural Networks) and common API frameworks that can be used to deploy them (e.g. Spark MLlib, Python scikit-learn, Tensorflow).
- Experience in deploying statistical models for use in applications (e.g. Naive Bayes, Gaussian Mixture Models, Hidden Markov Models, etc.).
- Familiarity with common neural network configurations and the problems they can be used to solve.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Any other related experience with Big Data, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning and/or deep learning, predictive analytics
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
I am an Entrepreneur, Angel Investor & CEO @ Optizm Global, the Right Fit Recruitment & Placement Agency. I am also Executive Director of TiE SoCal, a non-profit, global community welcoming entrepreneurs from all over the world. We believe in the power of ideas to change the face of entrepreneurship and growing business through our five pillars: Mentoring, networking, Education, Incubating and Funding.